The environmental conditions experienced by skiers, snowboards, and other winter sports athletes can result in increased energy output, resulting in their body having a greater reliance on muscle glycogen, blood glucose and massive fluid losses. If this situation is not treated correctly it can lead to an overall decline in physical and mental performance. Exposure to the extreme cold can lead to a significant rise in respiratory water loss and can lead to an impaired response, increased diuresis, and thirst culminating into dehydration. It’s recommended when undertaking any snowboarding or skiing expedition to ensure your backpack contains appropriate energy supplements to counter the effects of the extreme weather conditions.
How Energy Supplements Help with Snowboarding and Skiing
Ask any serious winter athlete and they will tell you that they need a great deal of energy, stamina, and awareness to remain competitive. Energy supplements, such as nootropics, are the ideal alternative to daily physical endurance vitamins and supplements. Nootropics usage primarily dates back to 1972, when these memory enhancing products were first designed. However, in many ancient cultures, evidence of the use of natural organic elements and compounds found in nootropics have been used as found. Plants and herbs such as ginkgo biloba, ginseng, and basils were commonly cultivated and consumed, and are well-known for their ability to help with energy production and the boosting of cognitive capacity.
What are Nootropics?Nootropics are supplements and other substances that amplify cognitive function, particularly in the improvement of memory, motivation, and performance of various physical and mental functions. Nootropics as a term refers to any synthetic and natural substance that may have a positive impact on mental skills. Some believe that nootropics:
- Increase attention span
- Improve focus
- Increase intelligence
- Stimulate motivation
- Enhance mental energy
- Racetam: It is said to stimulate the prefrontal cortex of the brain where abstract thoughts occur.
- Synthetic B-Vitamin Derived Nootropics: This is a formulation of several B-vitamins.
- Choline and Acetylcholine: This combination is thought to increase acetylcholine in the brain.
- Ampakines: This class of nootropics is currently being tested but is believed to enhance brain glutamic receptors.
- Natural Nootropics: While they can be found in herbs and plants and enhance cognitive performance, synthetic nootropics seem to have stronger acting properties.
- Peptide Nootropics: These products are effective and are usually taken by mouth, nose, or injection for maximum benefit.
What our Supplement ContainsOur MindFX Mental Focus Formula contains:
- Organic Beet Power: For its high nitrate content which increases oxygen intake
- Vitamin B-12: This supports the body’s ATP production and energy
- Rhodiola Rosea: Which is an herb known to produce cognitive and physical power while reducing fatigue
- Caffeine: A natural stimulant that offers positive effects on the brain
- Gingko Biloba: It enhances oxygen utilization, memory, and concentration
- Theobromine: It aids in relaxing bronchial muscles and increases blood flow to the brain